Jaffna is the one of the best South Asia’s destinations to visit. There are many historical and archaeological places to see in Jaffna.
Beach lovers defnitly love Jaffna sandy beaches. Beautiful religious buildings/architectures are amazing to see.
* Jaffna is the capital city of the Northern Province of Sri Lanka.
* It is the administrative headquarters of the Jaffna district.
* Prior to the Sri Lankan civil war it was Sri Lanka’s second most populated city after the commercial capital Colombo.
* The majority (99.03%) of the Jaffna’s population are Tamils.
* Most (82.95%) Tamils are Hindus followed by Christians (16.14%), Muslims (0.42%) and a small Buddhist minority (0.06%).